One of the most studied and well known stimulants.
Caffeine has been proven to reduce fatigue and boost cognitive ability. However, caffeine is not perfect. It destroys your ability to focus due to increased blood pressure and adrenaline. Even though caffeine is consumed as a daily fuel by many, it is more suitable for boosting physical energy than mental performance. It is for this reason caffeine is consumed before high intensity physical exercises in a form of a 'pre-workout' drink.
An uncommon amino acid in the western diet.
It is a relaxant derived in highest concentration from the Japanese Matcha tea. L-theanine inhibits stress hormones and promotes a calm, but alert state of mind by boosting alpha brainwaves. This state can be reached by meditation and this is why Matcha is consumed daily by monks in Japan.
Synergy of Caffeine & L-Theanine
Brite contains 150 mg of Caffeine and 150 mg of L-Theanine.
Multiple studies prove that L-theanine neutralises the negative side effects of caffeine and leaves you only with the benefits of each ingredient. Stacking L-theanine with caffeine boosts your brain function, focus & mood. Consuming caffeine with L-theanine is therefore perfect for helping you to be more productive and achieve more during the day.
The natural ingredients are released gradually so there are no energy spikes or crashes. Therefore, the boost lasts longer than after consumption of a cup of coffee or an energy drink.
Brite Drinks are based on the following peer reviewed, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials and studies:
1. K. Unno, N. Tanida, N. Ishii, H. Yamamoto, K. Iguchi, M. Hoshino, A. Takeda, H. Ozawa, T. Ohkubo, L.R. Juneja, H. Yamada (2013). Anti-stress effect of theanine on students during pharmacy practice: positive correlation among salivary α-amylase activity, trait anxiety and subjective stress.
2. A. Higashiyamaa, H. H. Htayb, M. Ozekib, L. R. Juneja, M. P. Kapoor (2011). Effects of l-theanine on attention and reaction time response.
3. C.H. Song, J.H. Jung, J.S. Oh, K.S. Kim (2003). Effects of Theanine on the Release of Brain Alpha Wave in Adult Males. Effects of Theanine on the Release of Brain Alpha Wave in Adult Males.
4. S.J. Einöther, V.E. Martens, J.A. Rycroft, E.A. De Bruin (2010). L-theanine and caffeine improve task switching but not intersensory attention or subjective alertness.
5. P.J. Rogers, J.E. Smith, S.V. Heatherley, C.W. Pleydell-Pearce (2008). Time for tea: mood, blood pressure and cognitive performance effects of caffeine and theanine administered alone and together.
6. S.P. Kelly, M. Gomez-Ramirez, J.L. Montesi, J.J. Foxe (2008). L-theanine and caffeine in combination affect human cognition as evidenced by oscillatory alpha-band activity and attention task performance.
7. G.N. Owen, H. Parnell, E. A. De Bruin, J. A. Rycroft (2008). The combined effects of L-theanine and caffeine on cognitive performance and mood.
8. T. Giesbrecht, J.A. Rycroft, M.J. Rowson, E.A. De Bruin (2010). The combination of L-theanine and caffeine improves cognitive performance and increases subjective alertness.
9. C.F. Haskell, D.O. Kennedy, A.L. Milne AL, K.A. Wesnes, A.B. Scholey (2008). The effects of L-theanine, caffeine and their combination on cognition and mood.
10. M.R. Lyon, M.P. Kapoor, L.R. Juneja (2011). The effects of L-theanine (Suntheanine®) on objective sleep quality in boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial.
11. K. Kimura, M. Ozeki, L.R. Juneja, H. Ohira (2007). L-theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses.
12. L.R. Juneja, D.C. Chu,T. Okubo,Y. Nagato, H. Yokogoshi (1999). L-theanine-a unique amino acid of green tea and its relaxation effect in humans.